Friday, April 18, 2014

The New Girls On The Block.


http://www.npr.org/2013/09/25/225839458/first-listen-haim-days-are-gone
I can officially say, that I have been sucked into the hot mess that is Coachella. From Kendall Jenner to Justin Beiber, Coachella seems to be the watering hole for rich young hipsters with nothing else to do, but listen to old MGMT songs, like they just came out yesterday (they were cool when I was in junior high!). Nevertheless, despite some poor fashion choices and terribly over-reaching music, a light has shown through the excess fringe and cut off daisy dukes, and that light is none other than... HAIM!

I just recently discovered the band, so I'm probably a little behind the rest of the world, but I heard their song Forever during a Target commercial, thought it was awesome, SoundHounded it, checked out some more songs of their, and now I have HAIM fever (see what I did there)! I'm so glad we're getting some badass girl bands out there, and what makes this band so much more unique than others, is that they're all sisters! No, I haven't forgotten about Tegan and Sara, but there is something so classically 80's pop yet modern about HAIM's sound that I can't even really compare it to other "lady bands". Definitely check out these guys... gals. I've included my Spotify link to their Day's Are Gone album in my Trending page, and if you happen to be a rich bitch that can afford Coachella tickets get your little sheer top-booty short-floppy hat-Dr. Marten- wearin' self on over to their stage, as today is their last day in Indio!

No comments:

Post a Comment