Monday, March 24, 2014

Morning matcha!

Winter has passed, and Spring is officially here, and I have to say, I'm not that happy about it. Winter is  my favorite time of the year, and I find myself pining for places like Seattle, Portland, or Denver every time spring and summer come around- and I've never even been to these places! And since, I don't foresee myself traveling to these places anytime soon, I've found that tea has been able to transport me to a colder and cozier world. 

So now I'm  on a hunt for different types of teas; so far I've tried Tazo Chai tea, Earl Grey (which is one of my favorites), and Mint tea. However my most recent obsession is Matcha green tea, which is the same thing as the Green Tea Frappuccino sold at Starbucks. The rich greenness of the Matcha is absolutely beautiful, and might be my favorite part about it, aside to its amazing and unique taste.


Unfortunately, the Matcha powder itself is very hard to find in stores (AJ's Fine Foods sells it for close to 20$), but I was able to find a can of it online at Vitacost for about $13- including shipping. Fortunately, finding the powder is the hardest part in making a Matcha green tea latte, because the preparation is super easy… So let's do this thing!

Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. of Matcha
- 2/3c. of milk (or milk substitute)
- 2-3 tbsp. of hot water
* sugar or honey
Directions:
- set milk in saucepan over medium heat, until bubbles foam around sides (don't boil)
- add the matcha into cup, and mix with hot water
- mix the matcha and water until all the powder is dissolved.
- add the milk and mix
* add sugar or honey if you like

                                             

And Ta-Da! 


I haven't tried this yet, but if you refrigerate it, you can make an iced Matcha green tea latte by adding ice after it's cooled… Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment